You are here
Quick Guide to IPEN Views on POPRC17
The Seventeenth meeting of the Persistent Organic Pollutant Research Committee is scheduled to address the following chemicals. See the attached document for IPEN's positions on these issues.
- Methoxychlor: adoption of the risk management evaluation and whether the chemical should be recommended for consideration by the COP for listing in Annexes A, B and/or C to the convention
- Dechlorane Plus and UV-328: adoption of their risk profiles and whether the chemicals are likely, as a result of its long-range environmental transport, to lead to significant adverse human health and/or environmental effects such that global action is warranted, and that their risk proposals should proceed.
- Chlorpyrifos, Medium-chained chlorinated paraffins (MCCPs) and Long-chain perfluorocarboxylic acids, their salts and related compounds: evaluation of the nomination to determine if the screening criteria in Annex D are met and to proceed to the risk profile stage.
- Guidance on Long-range environmental transport: comments on the draft guidance and workplan for 2022.
- Specific exemptions for decabromodiphenyl ether and short-chain chlorinated paraffins: adoption of the process to further update information related to the review of the specific exemptions (for further consideration by COP-11).
- Assessment of alternatives to PFOS, its salts and perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride: terms of reference and process for the assessment of alternatives to evaluate the continued need for the acceptable purposes and specific exemptions.
- Identification of substances covered by the listing of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related compounds: review of information submitted, and comments on the updated indicative list of substances covered by the listing of PFOA, its salts and PFOA-related compounds.