You are here
Study on Highly Hazardous Pesticides in Morocco
The objective of this study, led by the Association Marocaine Santé, Environnement et Toxicovigilance (AMSETOX) was to draw up a situation report on highly hazardous pesticides (HHPs) in Morocco in order to promote their elimination and the use of alternative non-chemical approaches. At its conclusion, AMSETOX recommends to:
- Establish a strategy for the progressive ban of highly hazardous pesticides registered in Morocco;
- Increase the country's capacity to identify products banned in the country;
- Increase control capacities to detect counterfeit products;
- Ensure the production and / or introduction of biological controls and develop an effective standardization system for quality biological inputs;
- Raise awareness and encourage industrialists for the introduction of biological controls;
- Develop labeling aimed at promoting certified organic agricultural products; and
- Find a concerted solution for empty packaging and obsolete stocks of pesticides.
is report relates to Sustainable Development Goals 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Special thanks to IPEN's Middle East & North Africa Regional Coordinator Semia Gharbi and Regional Hub AEEFG for their important contributions to the development and finalization of the project.