The Asian Lead Paint Elimination Project has been established to eliminate lead in paint in Asia and raise widespread awareness among business entrepreneurs and consumers about the adverse human health impacts of lead-based decorative paints, particularly on the health of children under six years old.
The project includes:
- Periodic testing of lead in paints
- Information and technical support to small and medium paint manufacturer, dealers, and retailers to help them to shift from lead-based to no-added lead paints
- Third party certification and labeling that includes information on lead
- Help to government institutions to enact a lead paint standard
- Awareness raising programs about lead paint and its impact, especially on children’s health and the environment.