Tuesday, 18 September:
Pesticide Action Network International is hosting a side event on Feeding Healthy Communities: Alternatives to the highly hazardous pesticides. Discussions will be held on:
- FAO update on their work on the highly hazardous pesticides.
- PAN International examples from sustainable farms feeding healthy communities in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Presentations from the side event are available:
An Asia-Pacific Update: Feeding Communities, Farming without Hazardous Pesticides
Feeding Healthy Communities: Alternatives to Highly Hazardous Pesticides
Alternatives to Synthetic Pesticides: Some Experiences from Africa
Monday, 17 September:
IPEN, along with the United Nations Environment Programme and the World Health Organization, is hosting a side event on Lead Paint Elimination: Progress, Prospects and Perspectives. Presentations will be given on:
• Initiatives and projects aimed at protecting children’s health
by eliminating the manufacture, sale and use of lead paints;
• Prospects to achieve global lead paint elimination by 2020; and
• Plans and strategies for global lead paint elimination.